Your Ride | Their Health
Want to ride through South Africa for a cause?
Who is riding with us? If you have ridden a motorbike for longer than 5 years or have past an advanced riders course then you may join us on this adventure through Southern Africa. We will ride at a nice pace so we can also enjoy the country’s rich heritage and scenery.
Why with us and why in 2020? You will be part of a pioneering project in KZN INCHANGA. With the sponsored funds raised from our riders friends and family we will be able to do much needed work on the land to get it ready for building an orphanage and much needed clinic in phaze one (please see info page for more details over this project)
How many days, miles/kilometres and days will it take to complete 5000km?… This will take 22 days to ride, however not all days will be riding days as we make time for game drives and other more adventurous things like sipping tea on a terrace… The choices and levels of adventure will be tailor made for every age and spirit, so don’t think you are to old or too young to ride this. We will not ride long and hard rides however there will be fast medium and slow groups, thus no one will be out of their comfort zone or frustrated on route. Your level of riding will be determined by a questionair and judged by our experts on our first test ride out. This ultimatley means fun and safety for everyone.
Dates of the Ride Gathering in Johannesburg, Midrand on Friday the 25th of September 2020 Ride out to Harties to “Bond” on Saturday after the foreigners get their hire bikes sorted out. and Leave on the actual ride after a biker blessing and boerrie roll on Sunday. The South African riders joining us will only need to be in Midrand on Saturday morning no later than 9:30 am (coffee and a egg rolls will be waiting). We will be back in Midrand on 17th October 2020 And the foreigners will return all hired/loaned bikes by 12 noon, then ending off with a big bash braai (BBQ).
Money business…Remember no one can see how much you work for, hustle for or rob. But one thing is for sure this will cost a few pennies. You will need a minimum of R15000 sponsorship (1500 euro) from friends and family for this project…(I and no one else in the charity team earns a blue cent so please know that every penny will be spent on the projects work) You will need to pay your own accommodation and food…no you don’t need to find it yourself but when you tick the boxes you will need to commit to this. (Cancellation is possible if you are in your coffin or very ill and then we need to work it out between us how we will solve short term cancellations). The cost of your accommodation will be up to your personal needs, some will slump it some of the time others will glamp it up, some will want a toast and coffee for breakfast and others will want a full English, this way you can determine your costs and I will supply the options.(all accommodation Available 1 November 2019)
Ride…You might be an experienced rider on your own but riding in a group is very different, the groups will be no larger than 7 and there will be FAST, MEDIUM and SLOW and we will start by asking you a few questions before we ride to get a handle on our groups. Obviously if you mess about and put others in danger you will be blessed with riding on a white van for 500km duck-taped to the roof. (no jokes)… If you have a group you know and ride with more often please inform us so we then only have to give you a start time…We will give you more info on protocol and procedures closer to the time so its FRESH in your BRAIN…
Safety…Oh yes, you will ride with biker gear including gloves (I hate blood), your gear must be able to keep you in one piece, if you do have the unpleasant experience of falling off while riding fast or going slow we would not like to collect bits of you to be sewn on by some surgeon that’s not quiet qualified. If you can afford a communication set we will suggest a set closer to the time so more than one rider can communicate with each other (or at least the lead and last rider). But this is not compulsory but allot more fun if you know that pothole is coming… Anyone that hoots at cows will also be duck-taped to the roof of the van for 1000km with no food, drink or loo breaks.
Will you be brave enough to ride 5000km’s with us in order to achieve this?
YES you still want to come…Awesome but what now?
- Get in touch with me Micky Heiligenberg on Facebook, whatsup, sms or email asap and sign up verbally,
- I will send you a application form with your tick the box choice of bike and accomodations (extra events will follow later eg. shark or skydives,
- You will have to pay your bike and accomodation deposits
- I will then send you your sponsorship form and log in details for your personal fundraising page, also paper versions for those whom are TeckY challenged.
- You need to book your flight ticket or at least start preparing by means of skyscanner till you can nail the best price.
- You will keep me updated with your fundraising events so I can plug and promote them. Or help you along the promo funding path. including facebook or not
- You get yourself ready for your trip book your holiday by the boss (save up some dosh for fun stuff along the way). Eat less excersise more and prepare for a once in a lifetime event.
- You will leave your home, children, pets or spouse behind for 25 days and ride for children that will have a home even if they don’t have any family, because of you.
- You will have fun, meet loads of people, cry, eat, sleep and be amazed at what we can achieve when we do it together.
- You will return home safe with a feeling of fulfilment and stories to tell your friends and family for the rest of your life.
Please look at the next page for the Route…We just need to sharpen the bends and run the straights to get the route in the right shape. So all the activities will not be listed however if we do it together it will get mention.